“Effective supplementary feeding of concentrates is critical to the success of dairy farms”
– Feeding Concentrates: Supplements for Dairy Cows, R Kellaway, T Harrington)
We have been designing, improving, manufacturing and distributing our grain roller mills for more than 20 years in NZ – built ground up to provide a heavy duty, efficient and high volume grain roller mill to meet the demand for more sophisticated feed options in the burgeoning NZ Dairy sector.
Cows have a limited ability to chew small cereal grain, with apparent digestibility of 14.4% for whole grain and 93% for rolled grain. Our Grain Roller Mill rolls the grain to a high standard, producing a large surface area for ease of digestion. If the grain is not rolled sufficiently or is hammer milled, a large portion will pass through undigested.
Our grain roller mill has adjustable tension springs, which provides the ability to produce a range of rolled or flattened grains at a rate of up to six tonnes per hour. The robustness afforded by 10-16mm steel construction and specially formulated cast iron wheels, means our mills have been installed as the engine of many high volume grain feed systems across the country.
- Our rollers fabricated from specially formulated cast iron making them more robust and much longer lasting
- Our mill features easily adjusted roller tension with large tension springs
- Our mill is sturdy and built to last, because that is what you need
- We have a large side hopper which allows you to add minerals to the mix with ease
- All moving parts can be oiled and greased with ease, making our mill extremely safe and easy to operate and maintain
- Parts are kept on hand, so should you need them we can courier them or we are available to replace them for you, resulting in much less downtime
- Our mill is energy efficient, and runs with little noise and dust generation